To see some examples of my custom quilting please scroll to the very bottom of this page. The majority of these are customer quilts who requested full custom quilting.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding having one of your quilts either freehand or custom quilted. crazycreekcreations@shaw.ca or call me at (403) 278-8854

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Cool Place mats by Jane

A previous customer of mine Doreen (I say previous because she now has her own longarm) came up with this idea and I think it's awesome.  You go ahead and choose your fabrics that you want to make  into some simple place mats, sew all your strips together into one piece.  I then quilt the whole thing as if it was one quilt.  You then will cut them apart, put the binding on, and you have your Christmas gifts all done.  Cool ehe?

These are two sets that Jane made up and I quilted.  Jane is having her knee operation today and will have lots of time to get the binding on these lovely gifts.








2 comments:

  1. Well thanks Nancy for the plug. I still think it's a good idea and I'm glad to see others are using the concept to get fabulously quilted placemats.

    I'm down in Vegas right now and I registered in two quilt classes at the local store. As it turns out the first class I took was by the inventor of the pattern - Buttercup. She also has several other patterns to add to the quilt world. Check out her Blog http://zanyquilter.blogspot.com/
    Hugs to all. Quilt on!
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Beautiful quilting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Followers