To see some examples of my custom quilting please scroll to the very bottom of this page. The majority of these are customer quilts who requested full custom quilting.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding having one of your quilts either freehand or custom quilted. crazycreekcreations@shaw.ca or call me at (403) 278-8854

Friday, April 19, 2013

Hunter Star #1 by Karen' s Mom

This is the first of 4 Hunter Star quilts I have to do the quilting on in the next 6 weeks.  This beauty was made by Karen's mom who lives in Fort St. John and whom I have not yet met (and don't even know her name).  I must admit I'm always a bit jittery quilting for a first time customer, never mind for someone I've never met.

Ths quilting is freehand double swirls.  I thought the swirls would be a real nice contrast to the linear lines in the Hunter Star and I think I was right.  I must admit I am pretty happy with the outcome, now let's hope Karen's Mom likes it.   The batting was Hobbs 80/20 to give the quilt a nice medium loft and the thread was a wonderful dark grey to lite variegated - Tutti by Wonderfil (perfect choice Karen).









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers