To see some examples of my custom quilting please scroll to the very bottom of this page. The majority of these are customer quilts who requested full custom quilting.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding having one of your quilts either freehand or custom quilted. crazycreekcreations@shaw.ca or call me at (403) 278-8854

Monday, November 4, 2013

Back in the Studio

Houston was wonderful and you all should make sure you put a trip to the Houston International Quilt Festival on your bucket list if you haven't been and have any interest in quilting at all. I met  the most awesome people - total strangers who quickly turned into friends.

 My classes were wonderful - Linda Taylor is exactly like she is on her videos - very down to earth and so willing to share all her amazing quilting knowledge. Her husband Rick reminded me of my Rick - always there and willing to help.

Dawn Cavanaugh was also a lovely instructor and truly a sincere and caring individual with a great wealth of quilting know how.

Helen Frost whom I took my binding class from has been teaching since 1972 and is such a amazing source of quilting information with a great sense of humor and her love of quilting is so very evident. To give you a hint of Helen's expertise - her quilt was the quilt chosen to be raffled off this year at the festival.

I picked up a few things - my thirties fabrics that I was after for a special family project and a few rulers by Lisa Calle I was after to hopefully improve by cross hatching .  Now I'd better get to work and start plowing through these Christmas quilts that I've promised would be done. 

Thanks everyone who waited to drop off their quilts until I returned - just give me a call to set up a time for drop off.  Hugs to all of you - I love seeing and quilting each and all of your quilts and am so blessed to be able to do what I love to do - QUILT!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, Nancy! I'm already putting Houston 2014 in my calendar . . . what a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete

Followers