To see some examples of my custom quilting please scroll to the very bottom of this page. The majority of these are customer quilts who requested full custom quilting.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding having one of your quilts either freehand or custom quilted. crazycreekcreations@shaw.ca or call me at (403) 278-8854

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pineapple from Mexico

This quilt has a cute story to it.  My friend Elizabeth received some fabric which her daughter brought back for her from a visit to Mexico a while back.  I recall Elizabeth agonizing over this fabric and what to make from it, as it was very bright and not really her so called "cup of tea".  Anyway, while picking up another quilt from my studio Elizabeth noticed a scrappy pineapple quilt I was working on and showed an interest.  I lent her my book and this is the wonderful quilt she came up with.  I think it's absolutely lovely and considering Elizabeth hasn't been quilting that long, she did a great great job piecing it.

This is an overall freehand design, using Hobbs 80/20 batting and a veriegated 100% cotton thread (Tutti) by Wonderfil.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers