To see some examples of my custom quilting please scroll to the very bottom of this page. The majority of these are customer quilts who requested full custom quilting.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding having one of your quilts either freehand or custom quilted. crazycreekcreations@shaw.ca or call me at (403) 278-8854

Friday, May 11, 2012

Perfect for Mother's Day - Glenna's Quilt for Her Mom

This lovely quilt is a customer quilt made for Glenna's mother.  Mom chose the fabrics and Glenna put them all together - how wonderful!  When I saw this quilt it made me think of my Mom who passed away in 2006.  Mom would have lovely this quilt, as she love love loved flowers of all sorts.

Glenna asked for the center to be outlined and a stipple design to surround the floral vase, the rest of the quilt was freehand leaf/swirl meandering.  I used an extra layer of batting to define the vase making somewhat a trupunto look.  Legacy 70/30 Eco batting was used, as well as a variegated thread - Mirage by Wonderfil.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers