To see some examples of my custom quilting please scroll to the very bottom of this page. The majority of these are customer quilts who requested full custom quilting.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding having one of your quilts either freehand or custom quilted. crazycreekcreations@shaw.ca or call me at (403) 278-8854

Friday, August 26, 2011

Lisa's Animal Applique Quilt

My friend/customer Lisa made this adorable baby quilt for her girlfriends baby coming fairly soon.  Lisa drew the animal blocks and from there went on to design her own pattern - awesome!  Each block is unique and so absolutely adorable. The fabrics in this quilt are also some of the fabrics the babies mom is using to decorate baby's room.   Lisa asked for custom quilting with the majority of the blocks having different fill - we both thought the bubbles were appropriate for a few additional blocks. The border has a fairly basic zigzag pattern to it coordinating with the pink and purple stars. The thread I used is Invisifil 100w by Wonderfil for the motifs and a black rayon for the borders.



1 comment:

  1. Actually... none of it was found in a book. I hand drew the animals from photos of real animals. The stars and the way it was put together is all from my head. So this quilt is 100% original!

    ReplyDelete

Followers